Friday 11 May 2012

Why donkeys are stupid and other adventures of Kalyani


Hello beautiful people,
This is my first blog post, so little bit about me.

It all started when I was in 7th std probably 12 yrs old. I had an addiction for reading (everything except school textbooks). At that time I came across “Aesop’s fables” stories of animals with a moral. These stories inspired me so much that I thought I must create my own story. I noticed that in many stories donkey was called a stupid animal. BUT WHY??? Why donkeys are stupid? I asked this question to many people. Unfortunately nobody had the answer. Even today I have not got the satisfying answer to this question. These polite animals never cause any harm to anyone. This curiosity of a stupid girl about stupid donkey led to a 4 page long story. I asked my father how to send a story and followed his instructions to send my story to “twinkle star” hoping that it would get published. But I think that the editor of twinkle star was not very fond of animals so he did not publish my long, boring story.

It was very disappointing because I had worked a lot and spent my entire Sundays on it. But then I kept a watch on the magazine to see what kinds of stories were published. There were many poems so I wrote one on nature. Here it is.

What a joy it is to see
Wonderful nature and its majesty
Graceful Waterfalls, Marvelous Mountains
Our best buddies thee,
Everything is so delightful in their places
What a joy it is to see,
I wish I were a butterfly
Smelling the roses
No particular place to be.

This one got published and encouraged me to write more. Then I wrote a science fiction story about a comet and destruction of life. This story was appreciated by many. All these activities of mine were going on without any obstacle for almost one year.

But then things changed as we reached 9th. Everyone was talking about “10th” to what I call “oh my God TENTH”. I don’t know why people make a ghost out of everything?? Then even my parents said “ Kalyani beta you have to stop your ‘ rikam tekde udyog ’  now because you have tenth (OH MY GOD TENTH) next year”

Rest of the story is clear to you my wise readers, after “oh my God TENTH std” there was 11th and then again “oh my God TWELFTH”

Now I have completed the board exams and the tail exams (entrance) becoming really bored.

So I came back to my hobby in a new manner “A BLOG”. It was my long cherished dream which is now true. I don’t know whether I will continue or not because even though I have holidays it does not mean that I will get to be on internet all the time. But I hope I will continue.

Before saying goodbye, little bit about the name of my blog. A mirror is something that shows your face, your identity. But here is a mirror which reflects what is going on in mind. That is why I chose this name called “ THE MIND MIRROR” It sounds good to me. What do you think? Do tell me your reactions about this post at the comment box or 
krazykalyani@gmail.com. Love you all,

Kalyani


4 comments:

  1. Woah... Kalyani I am So Impressed !!! Duly Impressed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much !! Actually I was not expecting any comment haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kalyani. An awesome blog :)great one :) keep writting... I am looking forward for more blogs h:)

    ReplyDelete